Peer Review
Last week I presented my media studies magazine project and received many positive and helpful
remarks from my peers. Lots of my classmates commented on the professional, clean, and simplistic look
that the magazine had. I was very happy to hear this especially because that was my goal for the end
result. It was satisfying to know that my peers interpreted the magazine's look the way that I was trying to
present it. My teacher commented on muting the yellow tone which I plan on considering but I fear that
it will blend in with the dark background too much. She also mentioned moving my feature article more
towards the center which I plan on trying to see how it looks. Some peers also made some critical remarks
about the word placement on my cover page. One girl mentioned moving the number 10 down on one of
my article title on the cover where I made a large number ten and then wrote "Best Trails to Hike" after it.
I think it will be very helpful to my readers to clarify how the article title is supposed to be read. Someone
else also mentioned moving my feature article more towards the center so it is less ignored and to maybe
make the font size larger. The last comment about my cover page was to center the byline which I also
plan on trying to see how it looks overall. The only other criticisms that I received had to do with my
feature article. Some of my classmates mentioned that there was too much of dead space and that I should
add some more information and potentially another image which I plan on doing, I also plan on trying to
add more color or designs to make it seem as grand as the cover and contents page. I'm excited to work
with all of these comments to try and improve my magazine.
Comments
Post a Comment